Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian has a proud history dating back almost 70 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, which contributes to the reputation of our company.
Charter Sales Executives are responsible for building the charter client base. Individuals in this role will be expected to have excellent negotiation and prospecting skills, must demonstrate an overall high motivation for selling, have top-notch presentation skills and have a high energy level. Individuals must be able to work well in a group and independently and are self-motivating, outgoing, well-organized and personable. Individuals must be able to provide a high level of professionalism, customer service and have the desire to succeed at sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must provide prompt and accurate price quoting to customers and industry personnel and follow up on each quote to determine the final result.
- Arrange all aspects of the customer trips to include; air, ground, on board requests, etc.
- Provide follow up and constant customer care between trips.
- Maintain customer preference database and personal information.
- Must be able to handle high call volume and create quick, accurate quotes.
- Brief crews on pertinent passenger needs.
- Ensure that all passengers have everything they need for a flight and aircraft in in presentable condition.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers and industry personnel to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Must remain current on company and competitor product offerings, aircraft, regional charter pricing and travel trends.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at trade shows and industry/marketing events.
- Make outside sales calls and casual “keep in touch” visits.
- Able to cold call and navigate company hierarchy to attain new retail clients.
- Ensure a consistent performance of sales objectives each month by meeting required sales quotas.
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian's Safety Management System and OSHA training and programs
- This position requires the use of a personal cell phone.
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or related degree in aviation management, marketing or sales.
- A minimum of 5 years of Charter Sales experience is preferred.
- Experience utilizing FOS aviation software preferred, but not required.
- Experience working for Part 135 Charter Operator is preferred.
- Willing to schedule as an after-hours on call person in rotation with other personnel to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to carry a cellular phone on other similar communications and be accessible 24/7 as needed.
- Demonstrate customer services skills with the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Must be able to negotiate and close.
- Ability to multi-task, collect and analyze data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusion in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write and compose reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Proficient in MS Office and Aviation software, processing typing and word processing skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Your rights under employment laws:
EEOC is the Law Posters: