Join the exciting world of corporate aviation and work for Meridian Aviation at our full-service private aviation facility located at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey!
Meridian has a proud history dating back almost 70 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, which contributes to the reputation of our company.
Position will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of airworthiness on a managed Gulfstream G550 aircraft based in Teterboro (KTEB), NJ, including hands-on work, monitoring quality and efficiency of maintenance, making cost effective recommendations to supervisor, and coordinating all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Must be a pro-active team-player who works effectively with fellow technicians, assigned crew members and company schedulers to provide the client the highest level of efficient service and aircraft maintenance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform the daily maintenance and routine upkeep of the aircraft to include but not limited to pre-flights, post-flights, scheduled maintenance and unscheduled maintenance. Assist crew with departure and arrival duties as required.
- Oversight of maintenance at remote facilities.
- Occasional travel (domestic and international) to perform unscheduled maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance of the office/storage/hangar space.
- Direct and Control the maintenance of certificated aircraft through contract agencies in accordance with Company General Maintenance Manual.
- Schedule maintenance and arrange for the performance of unscheduled maintenance.
- Manage deferred maintenance through procedures stated in General Maintenance Manual.
- Ensures that maintenance decisions, inspections, and actions are communicated and coordinated with Director of Maintenance, Director of Quality Assurance and Flight Operations to maximize aircraft availability and ensure the maintenance actions are accomplished efficiently and on time.
- Performs aircraft discrepancy maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
- Ensures that aircraft are returned to service according to company procedures.
- Assist and advise crews with discrepancies away from home base.
- Sign Airworthiness Release when trained qualified, and authorized.
- Perform and sign Required Inspection Items (RII) when trained qualified, and authorized.
- Assists Director of Maintenance and Director of Quality Assurance with various projects.
- Interact with FAA as required.
- Maintain working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, Industry standards and Maintenance Sections of the Operations Specifications applicable under FAR 135
- Ensure aircraft log entries are complete and accurate prior to releasing an aircraft return to service
- Perform tracking of maintenance using assigned programs, such as CMP, CAMP, and CESCOM etc.
- Ensures computerized maintenance tracking program is updated and an accurate reflection on the aircraft status.
- Communicate effectively and accurately with the client, vendors, and other internal departments while coordinating the requirements of maintaining the aircraft
- Monitor airworthiness compliance of assigned aircraft via airworthiness directives, service bulletins, aircraft service changes, customer bulletins, manufacturer's maintenance inspection program, etc., report results to supervisor.
- Researches and produces a maintenance budget and projection for the assigned aircraft.
- Procures quotes and/or coordinates with vendors for upcoming maintenance packages in accordance with the maintenance inspection programs. Assembles the information into the proper format for review with sufficient lead-time to accommodate the client's schedule to the maximum extent practicable
- Reviews invoicing generated on assigned aircraft and reconciles invoice with vendor for payment by the accounting department.
- Research aircraft logbooks and records to comply with Part 91 & 135 Conformity checklists required prior to placing aircraft on certificate or becoming operational
- Monitor inspections, repairs, and modifications, performed on assigned aircraft at remote locations
- Maintain annual training level with the certificate for RVSM and GMM compliance
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum five years current exposure in corporate aviation multi-engine jet aircraft. Three (3) years of Gulfstream G550 experience with model specific training.
- Experience on overseeing maintenance inspections, refurbishments, and all mechanical aspects on aircraft.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations. Previous FAR Part 135 experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe, Internet Explorer, and related applications.
- Flexible work schedule, must be present for all departures and arrivals at home base
- Domestic and International travel.
- Cell phone required.
- Must possess own tools at worksite
- Maximum 1 hour driving time to work
- Excellent knowledge of major maintenance operations
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills and strong decision making ability
- Two (2) years of college or equivalent technical training, in related field.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Basic Skills needed – typing, word processing
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid Airframe and Power plant License
- Valid driver's license
- Current passport
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60+ pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vison, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.